Welcome to the Southeast Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SEDHCC). In the midst of a national health and economic crisis, the SEDHCC is working hard for you, redirecting business resources and assisting county and city efforts combating the COVID19 challenges. The SEDHCC is committed to supporting small businesses and families during these times of unprecedented need.
This past fall we have:
- Assisted District 5, City of Dallas, & the Dallas Community Council to distribute thousands of PPEs to southeast Dallas small businesses, families, and students.
- Assisted the City of Dallas Office of Economic Development (OED) and Small Business Administration (SBA) helping small businesses apply for the “relief grants”. This work will continue through the spring and summer.
- Assisted with the development of the Latino Resource Coalition that provides educational and health information, and resources to local professionals that serve our community. This effort has been led by Ms. Imelda Aguirre, Programs & Services Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association, Dallas & Northeast Chapter and SEDHCC Board Member.
- Assisted with the development of the Hispanic Youth Committee to engage more local students into higher education. This effort has been led by Ms. Evelyn De La Garza, Enrollment Representative for Dallas College and SEDHCC Board member.
The SEDHCC will not be hosting a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta this year. However, we will be focusing our efforts on the following programs:
- The Business Workshop Series will be dedicated to assisting small businesses continue to develop business and financial plans, including applying for non-traditional loans and learning how to engage in the NEZ-10 empowerment zones.
- We have already started planning our 2021 Scholarship & Awards Dinner that will be held on November 12 at the Lofty Spaces.
- We are also writing grants for the development of a Business Resource Center (BRC). The BRC would fund efforts for the SEDHCC to continue to launch new enterprises, expand existing businesses to create new jobs, and one-on-one advising and assistance for small business success.
Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to bringing you more quality and purposeful services, as we continue managing this pandemic and creating a new norm for our chamber members and community.
Hector Gracia, Chair